GGE offers graduate programs in three different areas
- Master and PhD in Geology
- Master and PhD in Geological Engineering
- Master and PhD in Hydrology
We are looking for a strong academic background in the engineering sciences or related fields.
An overall B average in undergraduate course work taken at Ole Miss or other approved colleges is required. In unusual cases the rule may be waived with the approval of the appropriate department chair and the dean of the School of Engineering.
COVID-19 updates for international students
International students applying to our graduate programs during the COVID-19 emergency need to provide:
- Undergraduate or Previous College Transcripts (with GPA)
- Letters of recommendation (2-3)
- One- to two-page essay on why you wish to pursue a graduate degree at Ole Miss
- An English proficiency test using Duolingo: https://international.olemiss.edu/english-proficiency-requirements-11-2019/
The final selected candidates we’ll be invited to a Zoom interview.
Dr. Adnan Aydin
The university’s Graduate School can help with the application process.
Download the latest TA and Graduate Student Guide