Accreditation recognizes academic programs that meet stringent criteria. This helps students and employers know that the university is providing a solid background in preparation for a career or future study.
The B.S. program in Geological Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
ABET focuses on academic programs in the disciplines of applied and natural science, computing, engineering and engineering technology.
Program Educational Objectives
- Practice geological engineering related to geotechnical, geoenvironmental, geospatial information science, or earth resources.
- Pursue additional education, research and development, or other means of advancing their knowledge and mastery of subjects related to the discipline.
- Conduct themselves in a responsible, professional and ethical manner.
- Participate as leaders in activities that support service, stewardship, and economic development of the region, state and nation.
The graduates of the program will demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT DATA
|ACADEMIC YEAR||FALL ENROLLMENT||DEGREES AWARDED|
The Geology Program is accredited by SACS
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states.