I am always looking for graduate students to work as a research assistant in GIS, Oil & Gas, and Paleontology projects. There are sometimes projects for interested undergraduates with good skill sets.
Please contact me if you are interested.
Current and Past Students
Master's Theses and Projects Advised
- Story, Hetherington (expected Spring 2014).
An Investigation of Increased Resistivity in the Basal Section of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale in Southwest Mississippi.
- Murphy, Patrick (expected Spring 2014).
Petroleum Geology of Cotton Valley Formation, Stampede Field, Smith County, Mississippi
- Udeze, Chioma. (Spring 2013).
A GIS-Based Watershead Management Model
- Wilbourn, Andrew (Summer 2012),
Stratigraphy and Sedimentology of the Smackover Formation, Southwest Alabama
External Committee Member Role
- Roney, Ryan (PhD expected 2016, University of Tennessee),
Cenozoic Echinoids of Argentina
- Colston, Timothy (PhD expected 2015, University of Mississippi Dept. of Biology),
Patterns and Process of Community Assembly: An Investigation of New and Old World Snake Communities and Their Gut Bacteria